The healthcare system can be complex and confusing. We are here to help you understand the system and help you take full advantage of services available to you. Healthy Pathways is a local partnership that provides free nurse health coaching and health navigation services for people living in Fillmore, Gage, Jefferson, Saline, and Thayer Counties.
Our goal is to help people:
- Get care
- Stay well
- Build healthy communities
Your health care provider (doctor, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant) or a representative from a local hospital may refer you to the program. You will receive a phone call from a nurse health coach to check on you and see if we can help you. You may also call and refer yourself if you are interested in these services. There is no charge to participate in this program.
- Do you have questions about your health or need help getting into a doctor?
- Do you need help finding what services are available to you?
- Have you been diagnosed with a long term illness?
- Do you have trouble affording the prescriptions needed to maintain your health?
- Did you know that if you make less than $23,000 a year individually or $31,000 as a family you may qualify for medication assistance through a national pharmaceutical company?
For more about the Healthy Pathways program or for Healthy Pathways referrals call 402-826-3880.
We can help you in a plan to become healthier, to understand your illnesses, and find better ways to take care of yourself.
- Help completing applications for assistance to other programs, including medications
- Help with scheduling appointments and transportation to appointments.
- Education and help in managing chronic illnesses like diabetes, asthma, heart failure, high blood pressure, and chronic lung disease.
- Help to overcome roadblocks to good health
Healthy Pathways is a collaborative partnership between Public Health Solutions and Beatrice Community Hospital and Health Center, Fillmore County Hospital, Jefferson Community Health Center, and Blue Valley Community Action Partnership.