Healthy Families America
Our goal in our daily work is to promote child well being, strengthen families, and engage communities with intensive home visiting services that are proven to make a difference in the lives of children and families.
Public Health Solutions has partnered with Nebraska Children’s Home to provide free, evidence-based home visiting services to families in our five-county district. The visits begin during pregnancy and continue until the child is three years of age. A highly trained professional will provide support, information, and guidance; helping to strengthen parent-child relationships and create a positive environment in which children can grow.
Participating families will receive:
- Free one-on-one weekly home visits from friendly, highly trained family support specialists
- Understanding what to expect as a child grows, including regular developmental testing to make sure your child is developing as expected.
- Everything you need to know about basic infant care
- Fun activities to help you form a really strong bond with your baby.
- Help for you to achieve personal goals for yourself and your family, such as education, employment, child spacing, better stress management, etc.
- Linkages to community resources if you have needs for basic care or might benefit from other services.
- Quarterly family socialization so you and your child(ren) can get to know other young families.
- Support- your family support specialist will always be there for you so that you can be there for your baby.
Healthy Families America is now located at 516 court Street, Beatrice, NE 68310. To find out more about the program contact Laura Wooters at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-223-0096.