Healthy Families America
Our goal in our daily work is to promote child well being, strengthen families, and engage communities with intensive home visiting services that are proven to make a difference in the lives of children and families.
Public Health Solutions has partnered with Nebraska Children’s Home to provide free, evidence-based home visiting services to families in Gage and Jefferson Counties. The visits begin during pregnancy and continue until the child is three years of age. A highly trained professional will provide support, information, and guidance; helping to strengthen parent-child relationships and create a positive environment in which children can grow.
Participating families will receive:
- Free one-on-one weekly home visits from friendly, highly trained family support specialists.
- Understanding what to expect as a child grows, including regular developmental testing to make sure your child is developing as expected.
- Everything you need to know about basic infant care
- Fun activities to help you form a really strong bond with your baby.
- Help for you to achieve personal goals for yourself and your family, such as education, employment, child spacing, better stress management, etc.
- Linkages to community resources if you have needs for basic care or might benefit from other services.
- Quarterly family socialization so you and your child(ren) can get to know other young families.
- Support- your family support specialist will always be there for you so that you can be there for your baby.
The Healthy Families America office is catty-cornered to the One Stop Center on the Southeast Community College Campus, 5109 W. Scott Road, Suite 410 (#7), Beatrice, NE 68310. To find out more about the program contact Laura Wooters at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-223-0096.